Crayons & Chromebooks
Apply for up to $1,000!
Beyond Crayons and Chromebooks Grants awarded through the STAR Foundation are designed to enhance and reward innovative teaching, learning, and special motivational activities in Tomahawk area schools – public and private, grades pre-K through 12th grade.
We are looking for innovative and creative projects that:
- Enrich the educational experience
- Motivate and inspire students, educators and/or the community
- Fill a specific need
- Are educational and fun for students
- Demonstrate a sense of community
- Are cost-effective
Proposals should highlight the impact of your project. Integration of curriculums is encouraged, and joint proposals from teams of teachers in one or more grades, classes, and/or schools are welcome and encouraged. The participation of parents, volunteers, or other members of the community is also encouraged.
Funding is not generally awarded for items the committee feels should be provided for within the school district’s budget, including core curriculum items, staff, or transportation. The committee also tends not to fund refreshments, rewards, or incentive programs. Materials and equipment associated with project funding become the property of the school.
Teachers are encouraged to apply through the STAR Foundation for amounts up to $1,000. Completed applications must be submitted by September 30th to be considered by the Selection Committee. Applications can be obtained through the administrative office at your school.
- Online applications are due by September 30th.
- Applications must be approved by the building principal.
- Please forward a copy of the application to the business office
- Applicants, principles and the business office will be notified of funding decisions by October 14th.
- Grant recipients submit payment vouchers when grant money is needed. Funding is forwarded to the district administration office.
Project funds must be used and a follow-up grant report submitted to the business office by April 15th, 2023.
The STAR foundation will then reimburse the school after receiving information from the business office.
Mail your application form to:
Tomahawk STAR Foundation
PO Box 402, Tomahawk, WI 54487
OR drop off at the Chamber:
208 N 4th St, Tomahawk, WI 54487